Saturday, December 31, 2011

{Flashback}: Day 1

Arriving in Venice was like having a dream become a reality. Even at the end of December I could feel the warmth of the Italian sun on my face bringing out the inner smile of my heart. Being near the water made me realize how much of a California girl I am and how much I miss openness. It was refreshing and rejuvenating to hear waves crashing against the dock; it was peaceful and calm to look out and see nothing but open water.


After our boat ride into Central Venice we dropped our suitcases off at the hotel and immediately left to find a gondola. We don't mess around!
Our gondolier, Fabio, was fantastic. I requested mainly only back canals and it was perfect.























I'm so glad Tim got video of our gondola ride. It really captured our experience.

6 comments:

shannon said...

Gorgeous photos! I have only seen Venice in the spring and summer, and I'm loving the cool colours of Venice in winter.

Janna said...

I've always wanted to go to Venice. Looks awesome

Kari said...

Oh my word I love Venice. Beautiful pictures!

Sara said...

I noticed that your gondolla had my name on it. Way to represent. Fabulous pictures.

Unknown said...

I showed my brother this, and he was like "Are these people you really know or people you just pretend to know?" I had to remind him we got your Christmas card so we actually know you. With the royal wedding, the Harry Potter premiere, and the Olympics coming up, it seems like you're living in a dream. Happy New Year!

tothe4thfloor said...

Becca - We not only know each other but we have a "our husbands threw ketchup packets at asian gangsters together, we all slept in the same hotel room in San Diego together, and bought Brett a sex book together" kind of relationship. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...