Thursday, January 12, 2012

London Prepares 2012

At 11:00 a.m. yesterday morning I was purchasing tickets for me and the girls to watch the gymnastic qualifiers for this year's Olympics for yesterday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. Talk about spontaneity!



Shauna's husband works for the Olympics and has told us ahead of time when to purchase the tickets, but I totally spaced it, which is not like me to be spacey, and they all sold out. Luckily, Shauna didn't give up on me and her text in the morning allowed me to check for availability and bingo, there were tickets being sold!

I got a little teary-eyed, (I'm such a cry baby), being at such a special event with my girls. It was quite the experience to watch such an official thing for the Olympics. And it is gymnastics! One of the biggest events!

We saw gymnasts from Hungry, Switzerland, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Italy, Slovenia, etc. etc. perform. Shauna and her kids got to see Canada in the morning session and even got autographs. Italy was by far the best in the afternoon session. I cannot imagine watching U.S.A, Russia, Romania, and China gymnasts perform! Wow.

We didn't stay long to hear them announce which 4 countries will be making it to this years summer Olympics in London but it was one of those once in a lifetime experiences I think I will never forget.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...