Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{Croatia} Flashback: Part 1

Wow.

Wow. Wow. WOW.



Before all our European adventures started I was pretty bitter towards London. After a long winter I was ready for spring and touches of sunshine. Instead, we got day after day after DAYS of rain. All day long, every day, and it was cold outside. While everyone was beginning to bask in the sun back in the U.S, I was still wearing scarfs and coats. Totally bitter.  I now know that I am a type of person that physically and psychologically needs sun.

Luckily, we have had a few sunny breaks on our holidays, but nothing really drastically warmer from London. Until Croatia that is...





Tim and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary on June 2nd and this year we decided to go to Croatia for a long weekend without the kids to celebrate. I was so giddy when packing for our trip because I was just SO anxious to feel warmth! And of course spend one-on-one time with my hubby.

When we landed in Croatia, I was blown away with the beauty of the country.
Stunning. Absolutely gorgeous.
And our resort was like a dream. Pools, restaurants, spas, private beaches, all we need in one spot! And all comparatively cheap as Poland! I had my daily virgin strawberry daiquiris poolside and delicious food every night. Tim ordered a local Bosnian dish for lunch one day, the "Cevapcici" with pita bread served with a mixed salad and ajvar. It was actually really good.



At one point I even said to Tim, "Oh my gosh, is this real? Pinch me!" Which he actually happily did. :) I also kept thinking about the girls. Oh how they would have loved to be here! So child friendly everywhere we went. Tim and I decided that if we lived in London permanently that Croatia would be our yearly family vacation spot without a doubt. Love this place.




Tim and I bought two rafts to lay on so we could just float in the calm, blue, and clear Adriatic Sea. It was heavenly. We drifted/paddled to the other side of the beach where there is a small secluded beach. Along the way were pretty secluded coves where we finally joined the "S-D" club in broad daylight which most Harts are members of. ;)
This was also our view every time we sat by the pool and turned our chairs around. We are used to having children with us and didn't even think to bring a book to read, so we had nothing to do but stare at this, nap, and chit-chat with each other. I know, so horrible.

Ironically, right before this trip my morning sickness "suddenly" disappeared. ;) Just kidding. I'm usually only sick during my first trimester and it just so happened that right before this trip I was starting my second and my nausea went down greatly. Perfect timing! Thanks little baby!

I didn't take that many pictures on this trip. Do I need to explain why??? We soaked up every minute of paradise and we were out in the water all day. The first day I was even the first one to get up and get ready! That never happens in this household! haha

{To my loving husband,
I love you more and more each day and feel so blessed that I have you in my life. You are the man that I have dreamed of having and the very father I have wanted for my children. Life and marriage has truly been wonderful with you by my side and I look forward to many more years of adventure and happiness. And thank you for making me laugh every single day and getting me to do adventurous things. :)
Happy Anniversary, my love.
I love you!}

1 comment:

Stacy Christian said...

Looks like an amazing place!! Not sure what exactly the "S-D" club is, but I don't think I even have to ask :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...