Tuesday, March 19, 2013

farewell...

Tomorrow I'll be on a plane back to America. A land I love so dearly. Yet, I will be leaving a big piece of my heart in London, which I have come to love, oh so dearly. I'm already crying. Crying of sadness and happiness. Half of me has the butterflies of excitement, the other half of me is kicking and screaming, resisting the change. We have created such beautiful memories as a family, as a couple, and as individuals that I will cherish forever. We have rubbed shoulders with some amazing people that have made a permanent mark in our hearts. We are definitely leaving as changed people. Better people.

You know when you go on a really amazing trip and when you come back you say to yourself, "Was that real? It seems like a dream! It seems so long ago!" That is my biggest fear upon our return. That the past 2 years will become a faint memory.

Here we are again, closing yet another chapter in our lives and opening another one. I guess that's life. And what a good life we lived here in London.

(Our view from our flat: photo courtesy of Shannon Ashton)


"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life."
-Samuel Johnson



For fun, here are a few things I will miss:

-Looking out my windows every day and seeing London Eye to Canary Wharf.
-Patisseries and cafes
-The red bus
-Red telephone booths
-Greenwich Market
-Ye Olde Sweet Shoppe
-Borough Market
-Portobello Market
-Using words like lovely and darling and quid and rubbish and cinema and keen and fancy...
-Sweet Couture red velvet cupcake
-10% tips
-Ocado grocery delivery
-Big Ben, it never gets old
-black taxis
-my oyster card
-jubilee line
-scarves
-London at Christmas
-fireworks during the New Year
-European chocolates, the best!
-walks and picnics at Greenwich Park


Things I will not miss:

-Grey skies
-NHS
-crap customer service
-dog poop on sidewalks
-smokers

1 comment:

BWei said...

It's been so fun living in London vicariously through your adventures! The next adventure will be even better, I'm sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...