Friday, July 22, 2016

{Seattle/Canada} Flashback: Day 6

I could not, would not, leave Canada without going on the Westcoaster slide. I was determined. Today was our last day and the only thing holding us back from getting in the car and heading back to Seattle was the slide. The sun was shining this morning but as 10 o'clock approached, so did the rain sprinkles. Long story short, we ended up waiting a couple of hours and did a little begging to make it happen! Finally, and luckily, we got to go on! 
Darren and Cara couldn't go on with us which was so lame but the rest of us went as single riders. With all that time waiting for the ride to open I took the time to prep the girls on how to use the slide. I basically said, just push the lever all the way down! It's way more fun that way. I told Marisa if you do feel like it is too fast just pull the lever slightly up. haha

Natalie went first...



That thumbs up meant she kept the lever down the entire time! Good girl!!


Tim went next. Then Marisa...


(I had to trim the video in order to upload so what you don't hear in the beginning is baby Cara cheering on saying, "Piiiizzzaa!" meaning "Marisa". It is pretty cute.)


Luckily the staff let the people behind her go again. But hey, she did it! I'm so proud of her for giving things a try still. That is all I ask!

I went flying down last.


It was finally time to say good-bye to such a fun family vacation. It was seriously so much fun.


Cara only took one nap the entire week which was fabulous. But she has never gone without a nap before! I couldn't believe she hung in there. Have we finally arrived? Sure enough though, all 4 kids fell asleep in the car before even getting to Vancouver. The youngest two were out for a long time!
We did make a quick stop to see the Vancouver temple. Stopping to physically let the kids touch the temple is the best kind of stops in my opinion. A great reminder that no matter where we are in the world we can find peace.



Our ragamuffins! haha


May you all be the best of friends in life.




We arrived in time to Seattle for Darren to throw up in the Chick-fil-a parking lot where we were eating for dinner along with a proper Seattle greeting of rain. Not to mention the huge amount of water spilled on the tables by my kids. Yeah, it was special. Needless to say, I was more than ready to crash in our hotel and just chill!
In true parenting life experiences the hard moments are always quickly forgotten by the few happy moments like these...



I just love traveling with my crew!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...